Our experts have over 25 years of experience in the automatic identification and data capture (AIDC) and real-time locating industries. Building innovative software from the start, we are passionate about solving problems with technology that is easy to use and easy to understand.
Chuck Evanhoe, President of Aware Innovations, is internationally recognized as an expert in Automatic Identification and Data Capture (AIDC) and the Internet of Things (IoT). Scroll to bottom of page to see Chuck's Boards and Technical group involvement.
With an extensive background as an IT professional, Chuck’s experience includes systems architecture, design, software development, testing, implementation, and operations.
As a senior-level entrepreneur with extensive experience in business start-up, operations, process re-engineering, and domestic and international sales, he has demonstrated his ability to start and build multiple businesses to multi-million-dollar revenue streams in short periods of time, while generating profits.
He is married to Anita Sue (Wingfield) and has four children. They are both originally from the Topeka, Kansas area. He attended the U.S. Naval Academy and has both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in business administration.
As Chief Financial Officer, Heather is responsible for the accounting department and oversees all fiscal reporting activities, including internal and external financial reporting, development and monitoring of budgets, and reporting to state and government agencies. She also assists the proposal department with pricing support and analysis.
Heather is a certified public accountant and has spent the majority of her career in the construction and engineering industry. She holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in accounting from the University of Kansas (KU), where she also serves on the Accounting Information Systems (AIS) Advisory Council for the School of Business.
As Director of Automated Identification Data Capture (AIDC) and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Solutions, Bart is responsible for finding and facilitating the launch of AIDC/RFID projects. He defines technical solution requirements, architecture, design, customization, deployment, integration with customers’ systems, and acceptance testing, while ensuring high-quality services and highly efficient operations to satisfy our customer requirements.
Bart is a retired Air Force (AF) Chief Master Sergeant with a distinguished career leading the planning, staffing, budgeting, technology integration, and improvement of AF logistics life cycle activities and material handling for conventional and nuclear munitions weapons systems. He has a bachelor of science degree in business administration/project management. He is also a certified Project Management Professional.
As Director of Solution Delivery and Support, Dan is responsible for overseeing solutions involving custom software development and support. He has served as a software developer, project manager, and software development director in previous roles.
Dan has more than 24 years of experience in quality software development. He is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management institute (PMI) and a Scrum Alliance certified ScrumMaster (CSM). He is a graduate of Cedarville University and has an MBA from Wright State University.
Chuck Evanhoe's Boards & Technical Groups
- Chairman, AIM (Association for Automatic Identification and Mobility) Global Board of Directors, 2011–present; Member, 2009–present
- Member, AIM North America Board of Directors, 2007–present; Chairman, 2009–2011
- Board Member and Founder, RAIN RFID Alliance Board, 2014–present
- Chair, U.S. Technical Advisors Group (TAG), ADC1, to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC31 for barcode and RFID standards, 2013–present; Member, 2006–present
- Chair, U.S. TAG, InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS) IoT, to ISO/IEC (International Standardization Organization / International Electrotechnical Commission) JTC1/SC 41 (Joint Technical Committee 1, Subcommittee 41) & ISO/IEC JTC 1/ WG 11 (Work Group 11): Smart Cities, 2013–present; Member, 2012–present
- Member, US TAG, INCITS AI, to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC 42 – Artificial Intelligence Standards, 2017–present
- Member, ANSI (American National Standards Institute) MH10.8 Sub-committee for Barcode and RFID Standards and TAG to ISO TC122, 2006–present
- Member, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 31 (Barcode and RFID Standard Committee)
- Member and past Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 31/WG 8 (Application of AIDC Standards)
- Member, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 41 (IoT Standards Committee)
- Member, ISO/IEC JTC 1/ WG 11 (Smart Cities Standards Committee)
- Member, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 42 (Artificial Intelligence Standards Committee)
- Member, ISO TC122/WG12 & WG14 (Labeling Standards)
- Member, AIM RFID Experts Group (REG), 2006–present
- Member, AIM IoT Experts Group, 2011–present
- Member, Global Standards 1 (GS1) Global Standards Management Process (GSMP), 2018–present
- Member, AIDC100, 2017–present
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 2013–present
- Member, Board of Tax Appeals for Riverside, Ohio, 2002–present
- President, Data Processing Management Association (DPMA), Kaw Valley Chapter (Topeka, Kansas), 1984; Member, 1980–1985
- Member, Board of Directors, Topeka Blood Bank, Topeka, Kansas, 1976–1979
- Member, Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce Business Retention and Expansion Committee, 1998–2000